Up to 40 years of industry experience, Unimech started from a small industrial town of Butterworth in Malaysia. Initiated with only 3 employees and now a global player with 50 over subsidiaries worldwide.
1977 – 2000
- 1977 Establishment of a partnership named United Mechanical Engineering Company in Penang,Malaysia.
- 1979 Incorporation of Unimech Engineering (M) Sdn Bhd to takeover the partnership.
- 1993 Incorporated sales network in Singapore, Multiplex Control & Engineering Services Pte Ltd
- 1994 Diversify business into designing and manufacturing various kind of industrial products. Established manufacturing plant, Arita Valve Mfg. (M) Sdn Bhd and register brand name ARITA® for valve products.
- 1996 Unimech Group Berhad (UGB) was incorporated in Malaysia on 25 October 1996 as a private company limited by shares.
- 1997 Established manufacturing plant, Unijin Instruments Industries Sdn Bhd and register brand name Unijin® for instrumentation products.
- 2000 UGB listed on the Second Board of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE:UMEC)
2000 – Present
- 2000 Incorporated sales network, in Indonesia, PT Arita Prima Indonesia
- 2002 Established first manufacturing plant in China, Arita Valve (Tianjin) Co. Ltd.
- 2002 Incorporated sales network in Thailand, Unimech Engineering Group (Thailand) Co Ltd
- 2003 Incorporated export base in China, Unimech (Shanghai) Co. Ltd
- 2006 Incorporated sales network, in Australia, Unimech (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd
- 2007 UGB transfer of listing to Main Board of KLSE.
- 2013 Subsidiary PT Arita Prima Indonesia, Tbk listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX:APII)
- Today Unimech group has 9 manufacturing plants of which 7 in Malaysia and 2 in China and owns 6 brand distributed by over 50 subsidiaries and associates worldwide.